The NEW ACE model Blackjack is based on our widely popular BJ003 model. The Ace will accommodate all the same lights that the BJ003 did; “Tactical” style round lights from Pelican, Streamlight, Surefire and others from 1” to 1 ⅛” in diameter. The Ace will also work on either Modern, or Traditional style helmets. We have widened the Ace slightly to improve stability on the helmet, while still keeping our patented design that allows for multiple points of contact with the light, and helmet. The Ace has all stainless steel hardware, with an additional set screw at the light interface, for improved light retention with reduced marring to the body of the light. Next we incorporated a hex key into the body of the Ace in a design that we first pioneered in the BJ005. Finally, we skeletonized the back of the mount to reduce the overall weight. The result is a mount that is Better, Stronger and Lighter than its predecessor.
1. Place the flashlight inside of The Blackjack.
2. Place the visor in the "Down" position.
3. Place lens assembly of the light next to down angle of shield. When in correct position the lens assembly of the light will rest in the ear arch of the helmet, directly below the visor mount assembly, with the visor touching the front of the light when the visor is down.
4. Secure all three setscrews. Caution must be given NOT to OVER TIGHTEN any of the setscrews. The 3-point contact design allows for SNUG screws without penetrating or damaging the material of the helmet brim.
5. On MODERN style helmets when in the correct position the light will touch the brim at both the rear and front of the light, along with The Blackjack holder to complete the STABLE 3-point contact.