Cosmas Vulcan 14" Bunker Boot for Structural Firefighting
14” high, black, pull-on, leather/fabric bunker style boots with combination midsole/ladder shank/puncture resistant device for added support and comfort with less weight. Full-grain, water-resistant leather upper, ankle guard, Achilles flex point, safety toe, tibia guard, micro fiber suede heel slide, and nitrile rubber toecap for fire service personnel. Boots meet or exceed NFPA 1971, Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting, 2013 Edition, NFPA 1992 Standard on Liquid Splash-Protective Ensembles and Clothing for Hazardous Materials Emergencies, 2012 edition, CSA Z195-14 standard and the ASTM F 2371 standard.
- Soft, full-grain leather collar ensures comfortable calves.
- Accordion-style flex points behind and in front of the ankle allow the boot to flex where you do, providing improved range of motion.
- Fire-resistant Kevlar® thread throughout the upper ensures durability under fire.
- Anti-microbial removable footbed with molded EVA heelcup and arch conforms to your foot providing comfort and support.
- Molded heel counter cups heel and provides support.
- Anatomically-shaped steel safety toe exceeds all relevant standards for protection.
- Tapered microfi ber heel slide for ease of donning and doffing. Stitching is offset to prevent premature wear and blisters.
- Thermal insulating, open cell polyurethane foam padding is strategically placed throughout the upper for superior comfort and support.
- Full-height bootie system consists of a durable Cambrelle® material, quilted to a 300 g polyester felt thermal lining, laminated to a CROSSTECH® moisture barrier, ensuring your feet stay dry with more thermal protection. CROSSTECH® Footwear Fabric provides protection against blood, body fl uids, and NFPA common chemicals.
NFPA 1971-2013 EDITION: Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting.
NFPA 1992-2012: Standard on Liquid Splash-Protective Ensembles and Clothing for Hazardous Materials Emergencies.
CSA Z195-14: Protective Footwear Standard.
ASTM F2413-11:Standard Specification for Performance Requirements for Protective (Safety) Toe Cap Footwear.
Interior label containing all information as required by NFPA 1971 “Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting”, 2013 Edition